Background: It is written that God breathed into the earth and made the first human. This, perhaps, was how the image of God got into man in the first place: through that breath.
If we believe that God continues to be active in the world today, we might come to view that original act of creation as an ongoing event, not a one-time thing. More to the point: perhaps God breathes into us still.
1. Create a safe and quiet space for yourself. Sit up as straight as you comfortably can. Place your feet flat on the floor.
2. Release your worries and responsibilities for the duration of your practice. Don’t worry, they will still be there, waiting for you, when you are done.
3. With your next inhale, experience this as God’s breath. Your inhale is God breathing in to you.
4. With your next exhale, experience this as a breathing in to God. Your exhale is God’s inhale.
5. Continue your practice in this manner. Breathe with God.
6. As your time nears its end, release this imagery of your breathing. Enjoy a time of silent communion.
As you go about your day, pay attention to your breath. Recognize that God breathes with you.
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email email@example.com to share something directly with the Project’s Director, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project continue to deliver this conetent to a world in need: become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.