Here is an audio track of this exercise. If you would prefer to read, a transcript follows.
If you would like to access other audio files click here.
You can find more practices like this one in The Faith-ing Project’s Book of Grief, Grattitude and Love. Click the link for more details.
Background: There are many words which we might want to fully embrace. Repeating these can be a powerful thing. One of the most powerful ways to do this is to split the phrase in half, and assign each half to a part of the breath.
There might be a phrase you wish to substitute with the one in the exercise below. Please feel free to do this.
- Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Breathe a few breaths. Relax.
- With your in-breath, place your hand on your abdomen. Bring your attention to really filling your lungs all the way, starting at the bottom and feeling the movement of your belly.
- Exhale. Say to yourself, “Yes. Yes. Yes.”
- Inhale. Say to yourself “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
- Continue this pattern for most of your practice today.
- Release these words. Continue your calm and slow breaths. Enjoy a time of union.
When you can, today, return to this breath practice. “Yes. Yes. Yes.” “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to share something directly with the Project’s Director, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project continue to deliver this conetent to a world in need: become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.