Background: This practice might be particularly useful for those of us who use writing as a way to process our thoughts and feelings.
1) Gather the items you will need to write.
2) As best you can, release your worries and concerns.
3) Take a few deep, cleansing breaths. You might even consider using, briefly, one of the other exercises to come to a place of peace.
4) Talk to God. Express the things that are on your heart.
5) Listen. Is God saying anything in response?
6) Write an account of this experience. Begin, as best as you can remember, with the things you said to God. Then write the things that God might have said to you in response. Express how sure you are? Is it just a vague suspicion that God responded? A deep conviction? Somewhere between?
7) When you are done with this account of what happened, write about the things you are thinking now. How do you feel about the things God said to you? How do you feel about the things you said to God?
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to share something directly with the Project’s Director, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project continue to deliver this conetent to a world in need: become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.