Background: It is said that St. Francis past an entire night asking 2 simple questions: “Who am I, God?” and “Who are you, God?” It is not known what his method was; the correlation of the two questions to the two parts of breath is purely speculation on my part.
- Sit up as straight as you comfortably can. Release your worries and obligations for the duration of your spiritual exercises today.
- As you inhale, ask the question, “Who are you God?”
- With your next inhale, ask the question, “Who am I God?”
- Continue this pattern. When other thoughts or concerns arise, release them by returning to these questions and your breath.
- When your time is nearing completion, dismiss the questions. Enjoy a time of wordless communion.
- When you are ready, explore your feelings about the questions and consider whether or not you have anything that looks like answers to these two important questions.
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email email@example.com to share something directly with the Project’s Director, to join our next email campaign, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project continue to deliver this conetent to a world in need: become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.