Background: Lectio Divina is clearly more than just a single practice. In some ways, it is more like a philosophy, a general approach that seeks to invite God into our reading.
- Select a short passage to be read.
- As you read, be aware of the words and phrase that stand out.
- Read a second time. When you are through, reflect on the things that impact you. Consider expressing these reflections out loud or in writing.
- Read it a third time. This time say a prayer when your are through. Focus this prayer on what this experience was like for you, and what it is challenging you to do in your life.
- Read it a fourth time.
- Sit in silence.
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to share something directly with the Project’s Director, to join our next email campaign, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project share spiritual practices with a world in desperate need. Become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.