Here is an audio track of this exercise. If you would prefer to read, a transcript follows.
This practice is one we will be engaging in, for our upcoming campaign on thankfulness. For more information, click here.
If you would like access to more audio files of Faith-ing Project exercises, take a look at the patron link below.
Background: There are many words which we might want to fully embrace. Repeating these can be a powerful thing. One of the most powerful ways to do this is to split the phrase in half, and assign each half to a part of the breath.
There might be a phrase you wish to substitute with the one in the exercise below. Please feel free to do this.
- Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Breathe a few breaths. Relax.
- With your in-breath, place your hand on your abdomen. Bring your attention to really filling your lungs all the way, starting at the bottom and feeling the movement of your belly.
- Exhale. Say to yourself, “Yes. Yes. Yes.”
- Inhale. Say to yourself “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
- Continue this pattern for most of your practice today.
- Release these words. Continue your calm and slow breaths. Enjoy a time of union.
When you can, today, return to this breath practice. “Yes. Yes. Yes.” “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
You can help in turning The Faith-ing Project into a fully functioning community. You can do this in several ways:
- Share your thoughts, feelings, and criticism below in the comments.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to share something directly with the Project’s Director, or to ask to be placed on the mailing list.
- Access exclusive content and help The Faithing Project continue to deliver this conetent to a world in need: become a Patron.
- follow @faithingproject on twitter.